The Hoover Parks and Recreation Department sponsors youth and adult athletic programs that stress high participation, recreation, and sportsmanship. The city provides these quality services through a variety of structured leagues. The city runs each league according to established rules, regulations, a Code of Conduct, and consequences specific to each sport. Athletic participants are subject to basic rules, which emphasize sportsmanlike behavior and the recreational nature of city leagues.
Athletic Program Policies
Interested in becoming an official?
- Alcohol possession or consumption is strictly prohibited on-site
- Challenge a city employee or official's authority may result in penalties for violations of the code of conduct
- Display of unsportsmanlike behavior is not permitted
- Dispose of trash in receptacles provided at each athletic facility
- Objection to an official's decision through verbal abuse is not permitted
- Refusal to abide by an official's decision is unacceptable
- Smoking is strictly prohibited at all city facilities and events
- We are always looking for interested officials for our Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, and Volleyball Leagues
- Contact Brent Solberg for more information! If emailing, provide the following below to our email
- First and Last Name
- Interested Sport or Sports to officiate
- Contact information (email, phone)
RAIN OUT INFORMATION
Rain Out Line: 205.739.7246
Please call this number for the most recent rain outs and game delays. It is best to call the hotline frequently for the most updated results.