- Property Development & Building Permits
Property Development & Building Permits
What does it take to build a house or commercial building in the City of Hoover? Here, we provide some general guidance and walk you through the process.
- To learn more about the development process, click here. This covers items such as commercial & residential development, zoning information, site plan review, bond requirements, and septic & sewer information.
- The City of Hoover requires a building permit prior to starting any construction work. This applies to homeowners, business owners, and contractors. For a list of all building & subcontractor permits (including fees), click here.
- For other sign & other types of permits (including fees), click here.
- Building codes are sets of regulations governing the design, construction, alteration and maintenance of structures. They specify the minimum requirements to adequately safeguard the health, safety and welfare of building occupants. To review the building codes applicable at the City of Hoover, click here.
- Construction work is inspected at various stages by City of Hoover building inspectors to ensure compliance to all applicable codes. For information on the inspection process, click here. To schedule an inspection, call 205-444-7522.
We are here to help! For more information or assistance, please contact us:
For commercial development or assistance locating a business in the City of Hoover, please contact a member of our Business Ambassador Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 205-739-7162.
For residential development, please contact our Inspection Services Department at email@example.com or call 205-444-7522.