Courtroom Code of ConductWhen visiting Hoover Municipal Court, please read posted signage before entering the court room and abide by the following rules of conduct while court is in session. This is for the consideration of court proceedings and those around you.
- You must silence all cell phones and electronic devices while court is in session. The bailiff will confiscate any devices in violation of this rule and return it when court is over.
- You should dress appropriately for court. You should not wear shorts, tank tops, muscle shirts, or dirty or torn clothing. You should wear clothing that fits and does not expose your mid-section. Men will not be allowed to wear hats in the court room. No hoods or sunglasses may be worn inside the court.
- You should find a babysitter for your child. Court is no place for children. If you have no alternative but to bring them with you, you will be expected to keep them under supervision. If your children disrupt court proceedings they will be asked to leave.
- You will be expected to be on your best behavior while visiting the court. You will be expected to be polite, courteous, and respectful to the judge, court personnel, and your fellow citizens.
- You will not be allowed to bring food or drink (including bottled water) into the court room.
- You will not be allowed to enter the Municipal Court with any type of weapon. Court security will not be responsible for holding prohibited items.
- You will not be permitted to bring cameras or any other recording device into the court room. This includes cell phones equipped with a camera.
- You will not be permitted to use any type of tobacco products while inside the municipal court building.